For Muslims worldwide, Ramadan is a sacred month of fasting and introspection. It is a time for reflection, spiritual growth, and community building. Ramadan truly reflects unity and spirit of togetherness.
During this holy month, food too has a special essence because it’s how the fast is broken every day at dusk.
The ethos of food during Ramadan is not only to satiate hunger but also to foster a sense of brotherhood and generosity. People typically break their fast with dates and water. Following that, a formal feast called Iftar is served, which consists of a variety of traditional meals, desserts, and beverages.
In a diverse nation like UAE, individuals from different corners of the world come together to celebrate all festivals. Ramadan, likewise, is loved by all. People not only hold Iftar parties, they also organise Suhoor gatherings. This indeed is a thoughtful way of bringing communities, friends, and family together.
With growth of Iftar and Suhoor gatherings, Suhoor and Iftar catering services gained popularity.
Corporate World & Iftars!
One of the important founding principles of a healthy organization is ‘Esprit de Corps’, which implies, ‘Union is Strength’. Corporate catering in Dubai is a prevalent team building exercise adopted by many organizations. What better way to instil the principle of esprit de corps among a company’s employees by bringing them together over a friendly iftar. As the best service providers for Ramadan Catering in Dubai, Bouffage has worked with multiple organisations in the UAE. Here are 6 creative, tried, and tested Ramadan Catering ideas for corporate iftars.
- Interactive Food Stations: This one being our most favourite and always in demand, stands first among the ideas. Create interactive food stations that offer a variety of traditional Ramadan dishes, such as Luqaimat, kebabs, sambousek, and lentil soups and more. Allow your employees to customize their plates with different sauces, toppings, and sides. This will not only be a fun experience for your employees, but it will also create a sense of unity and togetherness.
- Modern Ramadan Buffet: Instead of sticking to traditional dishes, you may ask the catering company for a modern buffet that offers a modern cuisine. This can include dishes such as charcuterie boards, falafel sliders, avocado hummus with pita chips, Quinoa salad. This offers a blend of healthy options to a modern spread. Not only will you provide a unique experience but also a team bonding exercise.
- Themed Menu: An innovative and interesting method to highlight the variety of Iftar centric cuisine is with a themed feast. Instead of providing a generic menu, think about developing a menu that highlights the distinctive tastes and cultures of iftar-centric cuisine from various parts of the world. Offering cuisines like biryani from India, Kabsa from Saudi Arabia, Tagine from Morocco, and Kebabs from Iran are a few examples. Vegetarian and vegan choices can also be added, such as Levantine’s Lentil Soup, Hummus, and Stuffed Vine Leaves. Several dishes, including Rice Pilaf, Grilled Vegetables, and Conventional Salads, can also be provided. Consider including a description of each item and its cultural importance to further enhance the appeal of your themed menu.
- Live Stations: Hire a Ramadan catering company in Dubai that offers live stations. Through this you can host cooking demos where your guests can view how some of the iftar dishes are prepared. This can be a fun and educational experience for your employees, and they can take these skills home with them. Dishes that can be included in Ramadan’s live station are, Luqaimat, Turkish coffee, everyone’s favourite- shawarma, fresh juice station and more.
- Charity Iftar: Since Ramadan is the month of sharing and lending a hand. A charity iftar, where you donate a portion of the proceeds to a local charity. This is an excellent way to give back to the community during Ramadan and adds a meaningful aspect to your corporate iftar. You can begin by choosing a charity of your choice, further promoting the event online to gather as many people as you can (excluding your employees). You can hire the best Ramadan Catering company Dubai has to offer, to ensure professionalism and ethics. Furthermore, you can set up a fundraising goal and designate a donation station.
- Emirati Traditional Iftar: What’s better than organising a corporate Iftar in the UAE that reflects the beautiful hospitality, culture, tolerance, peace and love of the UAE! Last but surely not the least, you can organise a traditional Emirati Iftar consisting of popular Iftar dishes of a traditional Emirati spread. Dates, Emirati Coffee, Luqaimat, Sambousek, Machboos, Balaleet, Mahalabiya and more!
Benefits of Organising a Corporate Iftar
A corporate Iftar event for company employees can have a number of advantages. Some of the potential perks include:
- Promoting Inclusivity and Unity: A corporate Iftar event can help foster a sense of inclusivity and camaraderie among staff members of various backgrounds and religions considering that Iftar is a community activity.
- Boosting Employee Morale: Togetherness and the development of positive relationships among co-workers can be established by sharing a meal jointly, which can enhance sense of purpose and job satisfaction.
- Team Building: Iftar events may be fantastic occasions for staff members to interact and socialise. Conversations apart from work talk can strengthen teams and enhance collaboration.
- Establishing a Sense of Appreciation: Employees are more likely to feel a sense of loyalty to the company and its mission when they feel valued and appreciated. This can lead to better job satisfaction, motivation, and engagement, as well as a propensity to go above and beyond in their work. Employees are also more likely to stick with a company over the long term if they believe that their employer cares about their fulfilment and well-being. Excessive staff turnover can be costly for firms in terms of recruiting, training, and lost productivity, so taking initiatives to boost retention can be highly advantageous.
- Providing a Break from Routine: Organizing an Iftar party can give staff members a stress relief from their regular duties and give them the chance to participate in an important cultural practice during Ramadan, a time of intensified devotion and spiritual introspection.